Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Health & Safety Disclaimer: This post may contain workout and health advice and information, designed for entertainment and/or educational purposes. Without delay, always consult your doctor before trying out a new fitness regimen. Bodyweight MAX should not be used as a substitute for professional medical services.
If you are a regular visitor to Bodyweight MAX, then you may have figured out that I am always on the lookout for unique and innovative products that can bring your calisthenic fitness to the next level. The Sorinex Glute Ham Roller is one such product. While Sorinex is not a company that focuses on bodyweight fitness, their Glute Ham Roller is such a gamechanger for all types of workouts that I just had to promote it (and they don’t even have an affiliate program–that’s how cool this item is). Sorinex’s product line is mainly focused on strength training, including weights and gym racks. Their products are extremely popular and highly regarded – in fact, even the US military has entire gyms outfitted with Sorinex products. Sorinex is based and made in the USA, so quality is part of the recipe.
The Sorinex Glute Ham Roller is simple in design but has loads of potential with your bodyweight training. As far as I can tell, there is zero plastic in its makeup (!) and the damn thing weighs a hefty 20 pounds! And while “Glute” and “Ham” are in its name, there are far more ways to use it than just for your glutes and hamstrings.
Sorinex Glute Ham Roller – Specs
- V-Shape Anchor in Center. For securing your toes or heels when in use.
- Weight: 20 pounds.
- Dimensions: 15.75in x 25.25in
- Urethane Wheels. With ABEC bearings (not sure what that means, but it’s not plastic, so that’s cool).
- Warranty Policy: 90 days for coating & upholstery, lifetime for structure, and 1 year for the moving parts.
- Made of Steel. To last as long as possible.
- Price: $129
Sorinex Glute Ham Roller – Ways to Use It
This item is much more versatile than it appears. Check out the different exercises the Glute Ham Roller allows:
- Hamstring Curls A. Place your heels in the V, lift up your glutes, and slide the roller towards your upper body by bending your knees.
- Hamstring Curls B. Same placement, but your glutes will start from a resting position on the floor. Sliding your feet towards your upper body will now require more effort from your glutes.
- Hip Flexor Exercise A – Plank. Turn over from the hamstring curls and get in a pushup position, placing your toes in the V. Bring your knees up to your chest as you slide the roller along the floor. This targets your upper body, too!
- Hip Flexor Exercise B – Pike. Much harder than A, lift your buttocks into the air and force your entire lower body to slide the roller towards your chest, instead of just your knees.
- Sliding Forward Lunges. Place one foot on the roller, slide it forward to perform a lunge, and then slide it back to the original position.
- Sliding Reverse Lunges. Same as above, but this time you will slide your foot behind you.
- Sliding Side Squats. Place the inner edge of your foot in the V, and slide it to the side while squatting with your other leg. You will really feel this on on your inner thigh – men, be careful!
- Ab Rolls. Use it like any ol’ ab roller. Grip the steel pipe with both hands and slide outward. Then bring it back in as you engage your core. You can do this on your knees, or on your toes if you have the strength. There won’t be any way to angle your body like a regular ab roller, but it will still serve the same purpose.
- Body Saws. Place your toes in the V and get in a plank position with your forearms on the floor. Use your arms to slide your body back and forth, like a saw.
- Single-Arm Sliding Pushup A. Get in a pushup position, gripping the end of one of the pipes with one hand. Lower your body with the non-slider arm as if you were doing a one-arm pushup, and at the same time slide your slider arm upwards. This will give both a pull and push exercise, one for each arm. It’s intense!
- Single-Arm Sliding Pushup B. Get in a pushup position, gripping the end of one of the pipes with one hand. This time though, change the angle of the slider so it goes out to the side instead of above you.
These are the many ways I’ve put the Sorinex Glute Ham Roller to use, not counting stretching and flexibility exercises, but I’m sure there are many other ways to use it as well.
- Sturdy, durable steel. The Sorinex Glute Ham Roller will probably last forever.
- Rolls very smoothly. The wheels are similar to in-line skate wheels. The movement is very smooth.
- Loads of exercise potential. Did you read that last section? There is a ton of potential for using this item. You can do an entire, full-body workout with the Sorinex Glute Ham Roller alone!
- Heavy enough to use as a free weight. It’s 20 pounds… Might as well use it for some bicep curls!
- Compact. It’s flat and fairly small, so you can slide it under a couch when you’re done.
- Generous warranty. You shouldn’t have any issues with it, but just in case, the warranty policies are very good.
- Made in USA. I always prefer products that are made in the USA and not outsourced to sweatshops.
- Safe to use. The V-anchor and sturdy steel pipes make your workouts safe. As long as you know your limits and don’t push yourself to do the splits with the Sorinex Glute Ham Roller the moment you unbox it, you should feel safe using it.
- Add resistance bands for a greater challenge. Looping a band around a pipe will force you to work harder for the variety of exercises this item offers.
- Price hikes imminent. The roller used to cost about $100, and now it’s $129. I’m sure it’ll only get more expensive as time goes by.
- Best used on harder flooring. If your home gym is carpeted, then you will have a hard time using the Sorinex Glute Ham Roller.
- Limited buying options. A single person can get even greater use out of TWO of these items, so a double-pack special buying option would have been great.
Sorinex Glute Ham Roller – OVERALL
The Sorinex Glute Ham Roller is an innovative and impressive piece of bodyweight workout equipment. You can get an entire full-body workout with it, which goes far beyond its namesake. Be sure to pick one up soon, because Sorinex is only going to keep increasing the price. And obviously, remember to stretch with it, too!
My Score: 4.5 out of 5
Do you have a Sorinex Glute Ham Roller? How have you been able to use it? Let us know in the comments below!