Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Health & Safety Disclaimer: This post may contain workout and health advice and information, designed for entertainment and/or educational purposes. Without delay, always consult your doctor before trying out a new fitness regimen. Bodyweight MAX should not be used as a substitute for professional medical services.
Out of all the resistance bands I’ve been reviewing for this website, the people behind the Undersun Fitness Bands seem to have more brand pride than any of the others. Visit their website and you can learn all about the team of resistance band enthusiasts who are responsible for the design and promotion of Undersun Fitness Bands. It is always great to see so much pride with a company, but what really matters to the buyer is the product itself! So how do the Understun Fitness Bands stack up against all the competition? Keep reading to learn more.
What Are Resistance Bands?
Resistance bands are elongated rubber bands that can be stretched to extreme lengths to add resistance to your workouts. They are used for many purposes, including:
- Strength training
- Injury rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Adding resistance to cardio
- Variations in calisthenic workouts
- Variations in pilates workouts
Resistance bands are lightweight and do not take up much room. Some of them are looped, and some are not. Furthermore, many of them come with handles to improve grip. A lot of the time a resistance band purchase comes with a door anchor included, which opens up more possibilities for workouts.
Different Types of Resistance Bands
Your type of resistance band workout will often be dependent on the type of resistance band you are using. For example, a resistance band with handles is not looped, but you will be able to have a firmer grip on it. With a firm grip, you can perform upper body movements like flies, rows, curls, shoulder presses, and deadlifts (just to name a few). For lower body workouts, resistance bands are great for squats, lunges, and leg presses.
If you have a looped resistance band, or an unlooped band without handles, you open up new possibilities. Generally speaking, you have a wider range of exercises available. Resistance bands without handles are great for beginners especially, because they can be gripped with bars and then in turn will assist you on challenging bodyweight exercises. For example, you can do assisted pull-ups and chin-ups by looping the band under your foot, and then gripping over its ends with the pullup bar. This will take away some of the bodyweight during your pull-up, and you can therefore complete the entire move with less weight. You can also use them to add more challenge to moves like the pushup, and most of the moves mentioned above with the handled resistance bands.
What Makes Resistance Bands So Special?
So many reasons! Like I mentioned, bands are great for assisting beginners with challenging bodyweight workouts, or adding more resistance to those same workouts for more advanced levels. But there are many other benefits to using resistance bands:
- They are great for helping you stretch muscles that are often ignored.
- They are usually very inexpensive.
- They fit easily into a suitcase or backpack, so they are great for traveling – no excuses for not working out while you’re on the road!
- They provide the same results and level of challenge as free weights and machines, just in different ways.
- They are so flexible that you can use them in almost any type of bodyweight workout to add in new variations.
Undersun Fitness Bands – Features
- Come in Sets or Bundles. When you decide to purchase Undersun Fitness Bands, you can choose what type of package you want. They are based on your preferences, such as focusing on weight loss or muscle growth.
- Fitness Program with Some Packages. Digital training programs via TA2 for your phone is an optional addition. A couple packages include it, to.
- Includes Anchor. To greatly increase the number of exercise types you can do with the bands.
- Different resistances. Depending on the set/bundle you get, you will receive multiple bands with different levels of resistance.
- 2-Ply Latex Material. To decrease possibility of snapping or tearing.
- Lifetime Warranty. In case of any defects.
- $83.95 – US Elite Resistance Bands Set (of 5 bands)
- $69.95 – Resistance Bands Set (of 5 bands)
- $33.99 – Exercise Resistance Bands Set of 3
- $49.99 – Resistance Bands Set of 2
- $119.95 – Muscle Building Bundle (includes fitness program)
- $109.05 – Fat Burning & Body Toning Bundle (includes fitness program)
Undersun Fitness Bands: Pros
- High-Quality, Less Likely to Snap. You will notice this simply by touching the bands and holding them. The latex is high quality – very stretchy, but also strong. Don’t expect these to snap for at least a couple years.
- Can be used for all muscle groups. Undersun Fitness’s bands are great for your upper and lower body, as well as your core. Check out my resistance band workouts to learn more.
- Lightweight, travel-friendly. Like other bands, these take up minimal space and can be thrown into a suitcase or backpack.
- High resistance for a lower price. The most expensive set for the Undersun Fitness bands is about $120, which is significantly cheaper than weights.
- Results! No matter how you use these bands, you will get results – muscle growth, strength, flexibility, endurance, weight loss, and more. As a calisthenics lover, these are great for progressions to things like levers and muscle-ups.
- Lifetime warranty. A purchase allows you to sign up for the lifetime warranty program, which is very reassuring in case there are any issues in the long run.
- Great for all fitness levels. The sets are based on fitness experience, which is nice. But the main reason I added this pro is because of the TA2 fitness program that is accessed on your phone. It is great with starting you from beginner (if needed) to advancing to much tougher workouts.
- Bonuses are nice. You gain access to the Facebook group with your purchase, which can be helpful for ideas and motivation. The website also has a blog and there’s even a podcast.
- Cheaper than some competition. The most expensive bundle you can get from Undersun is still less expensive than some of the company’s competitors. These pricetags may initially seem high to you, but remember that you are paying for true quality.
Undersun Fitness Bands: Cons
- Buying options are a bit frustrating & confusing. You will have to click each individual set to go to its respective page to learn exactly who it is catered to. The two bundles are more straightforward since they are based on your fitness goals, but they are also more expensive.
- No color-coding for resistance. All your bands will be the same color, so you will have to memorize them based on their thickness instead. This will take a bit longer to do. It’s not that big of a deal, but it’s worth mentioning.
Undersun Fitness Bands: OVERALL
The Undersun Fitness Bands are high quality. At the end of the day, that’s what I want most out of my resistance bands. I do NOT want to get smacked in the face because my band broke mid-rep. I don’t expect this to happen with my Undersun Fitness Bands. Fair prices, true results, and helpful add-ons make them an even better recommendation by me. And hey, remember to stretch while using these bands, too!
My Score: 4.5 out of 5
Do you have your own set of the Undersun Fitness Bands? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below!