Affiliate Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Health & Safety Disclaimer: This post may contain workout and health advice and information, designed for entertainment and/or educational purposes. Without delay, always consult your doctor before trying out a new fitness regimen. Bodyweight MAX should not be used as a substitute for professional medical services.
Lebert Equalizers – REVIEW
Have you ever considered the possibility that dip bars can be MUCH more than just dip bars? If not, then keep reading this Lebert Equalizers review, because you are about to learn about a pair of bars that can truly give you a full body workout. Can other pairs of dip bars do the same thing? Sure, but darned if I had any of the creative mindpower to realize that fact without the Leber Equalizer opening my eyes before stumbling upon it.
Equipment Type: Dip Bars
- 28.5″ High: These bars can be used for people of all heights.
- 27″ Long: Slightly longer length opens up new possibilities for exercises.
- 2.5″ Thick: Diameter is thick enough to support most hand sizes.
- 8lbs. Each: Lightweight construction makes storage and travel easier.
- 400lb Weight Capacity: Supports most people’s entire bodyweight.
- Foam Grips: To prevent sliding or pain while doing moves.
- Steel Build: For holding up heavy weights and unusual positioning.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: For any defects or missing parts.
- Instructional DVD. Demonstrates the many ways to use the bars.
- Thick foam grips are very durable. I’m usually a little weary of foam grips when I’m going to be using them a lot, but the Lebert Equalizers’ grips are still going strong.
- Doesn’t take up too much space: These dip bars are rather small compared to a lot of the competition so they don’t take up a lot of room. You can have them in your workout area (or any room) without worrying about moving stuff around all the time.
- Sturdier than you’d expect: Despite being much lighter than you’d expect, the stainless steel construction of these bars works in their favor to prevent wobbling during many exercises. The feet and rubbery-plastic grips on each end further prevent any instability. Compared to a lot of the cheaper competition out there, these are extremely stable. Still, I suggest using these on a mat or carpeted floor to make them even sturdier.
- Should last you a long time. With few exceptions, these bars are strong and mostly resistant to bending or breaking. Once you have them, you shouldn’t need to buy any more pairs of dip bars.
- Goes WAY beyond just dips. Just watch a few promos on the Lebert Equalizers to see what I’m talking about. The fact that they are so lightweight means you can pick them up, change their positioning, and do much more than you would expect from a pair of dip bars. You can do an entire full body workout with them! Who’da thunk it? This alone, in my opinion, makes the higher pricetag worth it.
- Easy to set up. It’s a very simple design, and there are only a few pieces you have to connect.
- Great for travel. This pair of dip bars is small enough that you can carry them with you if you are traveling. They are lightweight and easy to take apart too, if you want to put them in a suitcase.
- Can be used anywhere. On that note, take these to your office. Take them outside. Take them to your hotel room. They are designed to be used anywhere with ease.
- Height is high enough for most people. Most women and younger people will find that the Lebert Equalizer bars are the perfect height. At just shy of 30 inches, there is a lot of room to do all sorts of workouts without the floor or unused body parts getting in the way.
- Workout videos are very helpful. Get your creative juices flowing and then get in great shape by watching the tutorial videos on how to make the most of these bars. You will be blown away by some of the amazing ways people use these. When I saw these demonstrations, I couldn’t wait to start doing them myself.
- Sturdy, but not as sturdy as some competition. Despite the stainless steel design and wide feet, these ARE very light and for more explosive exercises they won’t stay as stable as you may expect.
- Designed in the USA, but… Made in China. Yet another outsourced manufacturer, for better or worse. It is high quality, but I always like to know where pieces of equipment are constructed.
- I am not a fan of the colors. I think the non-black pairs are ugly, and would have preferred an unpainted stainless steel color over anything else.
- A bit expensive. The $100 pricetag may be offputting to a lot of people when there are cheaper options out there. Still, I think it is a fair price because of its overall stability and because there are so many ways you can use it.
- Other dip bars can be versatile, too. There are cheaper options out there, and while they may not be as durable, you can still flip and move them around for all sorts of exercises.
- Not big enough for some people. For taller people, the lower height may not be conducive to the type of training you want to use the Lebert Equalizer for. That said, Lebert Fitness apparently have been listening, because there is now the Lebert Equalizer XL available. If you are taller, you will probably prefer the XL over the regular.
Lebert Equalizers – OVERALL
The Lebert Equalizers are a strong, sturdy, and exciting pair of calisthenic equipment. Not only meant for dips, they are lightweight yet durable enough to be used for all sorts of workouts, from bodyweight training to cardio to yoga. They may look modest, but don’t be fooled – the Lebert Equalizers are a great pair of dip bars that would make a welcome addition to any workout area. Oh, and of course, remember that you can use them to stretch!
Lebert Equalizers Review: 4.5 out of 5
Do you have Lebert Equalizers in your home gym? What sorts of workouts do you use them for? Have you come up with any of your own unique exercises with them? Let me know in the comments below! And while you’re here, be sure to check out my other equipment reviews.